aka "the flu"
influenza ("the flu") is a common illness that affects the nose,
throat and lungs. It is easily spread from person to person and is caused by influenza viruses.
Flu symptoms include:
· a fever (not always in the elderly)
· runny eyes
· stuffy nose
· sore throat
· muscle aches/pains
· extreme weakness and tiredness.
· children can also have
earaches, vomiting and diarrhea
People at greater risk ( for pneumonia) include:
· older people
· young children
· pregnant women
· people with long-term medical problems
For information about flu
- Call the ServiceOntario INFOline at 1-877-844-1944
- Durham Health Connection Line at 905-666-6241 or 1-800-841-2729